Goodridge is looking for a production supervisor for its facility in Mooresville.
Inquiries should come to John Crnich at email@example.com or call at 1.704.662.9095.
See details below.
Date completed: October 1, 2012 Work Location: Mooresville, NC
Title: Production Supervisor II Department: Production
Exempt Status ___Y ___N
Position Status: X FT ___PT
Company Conformance Statements
All GoodridgeUSAemployees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments.
The Production Supervisor will ensure that the Production floor workload is planned, organized and built efficiently, at or below standard cost and on time per customer requirements.
The Production Supervisor is involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes on the Production floor. The position will ensure that goods are produced efficiently; the correct amount is produced at the right cost and at the right level of quality.
- Oversee the production process, working with planning to adjust the daily production schedule as needed.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective
- Make sure that products are produced on time and to established quality level
- Designated as on-site point of contact for all inquiries from the Director of Operations.
- Chair daily Production meeting
- Take the lead in resolving Production related issues
- Monitor established metrics and take action as necessary
- Coordinate and organize the human and material resources needs
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. Quality, Planning, Engineering, Stores, Purchasing and Sales
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Supervising and motivating the production operators
- Reviewing the performance of subordinates
- Identifying training needs
- Working with the production team to implement the company’s policies and procedures
Special Position Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of Lean techniques
- Fully developed Leadership skills
- Strong character and integrity
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a medium volume assembly/machining manufacturing environment with 5 plus years of experience in a supervisory role
- 5 to 10% travel
- Prefer BS in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related technical degree
- Formal Lean training courses
- English speaking
- Must be able to comprehend and execute verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to stand for long periods
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
Category: Member Announcements