NCMF Scholarship Program
2017 Recipient Presentation (Video)
Scholarship Award Programs
The North Carolina Motorsports Foundation’s mission is to support the racing industry of North Carolina through scholarship awards for students aspiring to a career in the motorsports industry. The Foundation awards scholarships through two programs – the Sam Belnavis Scholarship Award and the General Scholarship Awards.
The Sam Belnavis scholarship is given annually in the amount of $5,000 to a single selected candidate. It is named after Sam Belnavis, a 30-year veteran of the racing industry serving numerous capacities including Marketing Department Manager for Miller Brewing Company, Chief Diversity Officer & Owner-Designate with Roush Fenway Racing.
The General Fund Scholarship Program provides awards of no less than $2,500 per award.
Applicants will be considered for either of the programs.
To be considered for an NCMF Scholarship Award, applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Entering or currently attending a North Carolina educational institution which may include: Four-year College or University (graduate and post graduate), Two-Year Community College, Technical or Trade School.
- Aspire to a career in motorsports.
- Good scholastic standing (2.5 GPA).
- Essay of no more than 500 words that includes personal background, interests and scholarship need.
- Application period for scholarship award opens October 1 and closes November 15
- Scholarships announced December
- Presentation of Scholarships January
If additional information is required, contact NCMA / 5555 Concord Parkway South / Suite 335 / Concord, NC 28027 / 704-455-5606 / firstname.lastname@example.org