Goodridge is a world leader in high performance fluid transfer products. We have been supplying our products to the motor racing, automotive and military industries for over 40 years. Considered as a world class supplier by many of our customers, Goodridge as a global company believes in quality product on time, first time, and every time, thru quality excellence and continuous improvement. Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Goodridge is looking for an experienced Materials Supervisor to join a fast paced fluid transfer systems team based in Mooresville, North Carolina. The Materials Supervisor will report to the Materials Manager.
Job Description: Charged with the daily operations of the Stores area ensuring inventory accuracy and the timely and accurate input of all inventory transactions into AS400. Responsible for the proper disposition of goods to include receiving, storage, component issue, packaging and dispatch to the customer.
Establish priorities for accomplishing multiple concurrent tasks. Position requires hands on experience with the ability to operate as a team member. Requires extensive knowledge of business principles such as materials, logistic management and data entry. Regularly interacts with management on matters concerning several functional areas. Ensures compliance with established company policies and procedures concerning the disposition of non-conforming product and accountability.
The Materials Supervisor completes additional tasks as directed by the Materials Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory accuracy at 95%.
- Receive into AS400 incoming components and materials
- Create, schedule and review distribution orders (DO)
- Conduct weekly cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Ensure all material movement transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Put raw material and components into location after they have been received.
- Maintain raw materials and components in an organized layout
- Maintain batch traceability on all raw materials and components
- Maintain first in first out (FIFO) on all raw materials and components
- Supervise personnel assigned to the Stores area
- Ensure that all personnel assigned to Stores are trained to perform their assigned tasks
- Evaluate and review job performance with personnel assigned to the Stores area
- Pick and stage kits per the schedule established by the Material Manager
- Understand, cooperate and comply with plans and objectives as directed by the Material Manager
- Follows up back orders, expedites delivery of orders by communicating with the buyer/planner
- Monitor and maintain Mooresville inventory.
- Maintain accurate data on inventory module in AS400.
- Special Material/Stores project task
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in a technical field or equivalent preferred.
- 5-10 years of related experience.
- Experience with ERP Inventory Management, Planning and Sales module
- Background in managing, organizing and maintaining Stores in a manufacturing/assembly company
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with other departments within the organization
- Strong Customer focus
- Extensive hands on experience with MRP, reports in AS400.
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs. required.
- Proficient with AS400
- APICS (Control Inventory, PAC, Supply chain, purchasing, Cycle count, Control Inventory analysis and execution, Master Planning schedule).
- Lean Techniques experience
- ISO 9001 experience
*Note – This role may be developed/changed and when necessary amended to take into account changes within the organization in line with the company’s goals, objectives and contractual and legal obligations.